This instruction package is based on an approach to Rhythm and Drumming which I developed from my Rhythm, Percussion and Drumming workshops.
The purpose is:
- to enable you to understand the basic principles of Rhythm.
- to give you the means of understanding Rhythms you listen to.
- to create your own Rhythms, individually or in a group, using hand drums or other percussion.
This approach to drumming has several different aspects:
- developing equal control in both hands.
- exercises useful for individual or group work.
- working as a group.
- time cycles which are unusual in Western music.
- devising your own rhythms.
- developing interesting cross-rhythms.
- developing a balance between intuitive and mental faculties while playing.
- sustaining rhythms for long periods of time.
The teaching package comprises a CD with the audio exercises given in the accompanying instruction booklet. The price is £10 inc. and you can buy it by clicking on the Paypal button.